Our Vision of Jewish Education at Congregation Ahavath Sholom
At the dynamic CAS religious school, we strive to offer experiential, nurturing, hands-on, exciting, rich, and vibrant Jewish learning that will inspire our students for a lifetime. Our faculty of energetic and passionate educators is committed to providing our students with a world-class Jewish education by means of a cutting-edge curriculum that creatively and rigorously equips our students for meaningful Jewish journeys.
Students graduating from our CAS Religious School will be equipped with many tools that will serve them as Jewish adults. A number of goals/objectives for our exciting religious school program are:
- to create a warm, inviting, and inclusive Kehillah Kedoshah (sacred community) within the larger context of CAS that welcomes in every Jew from diverse walks of life
- to educate our children in the customs, practices, and rituals of Judaism in order to enable them to make it relevant in their daily lives, and instilling within them and their families a lifelong commitment to Jewish learning
- to positively nourish the growing Jewish identities of our children
- to encourage students to perform Mitzvot (commandments/good deeds) and G’milut Hasadim (acts of loving kindness) and integrate them into their daily lives
- to celebrate Shabbat, Jewish holidays and learn the history and roots of the Jewish people
- to become acquainted and comfortable with Jewish life cycle events
- to learn the Hebrew alphabet and read, comprehend, and write in Hebrew as well as gain the ability to navigate and master the Jewish prayer book
The CAS Religious School registration form, calendar, and handbook for 2016–2017 (Jewish Year 5777) are online as PDF files, as is an older photo release form. Please print out the registration form and photo release, complete them, and either mail it to the shul or drop it by the office for Cantor Abrams Kaikov. Thank you!